Google
Note: I created this blog as a way to open up a dialogue with others (you the reader). If you don't leave your fucking comments, then it's not a dialogue. I say all this to say, leave your comments in the comment box to the right or under the posts. It is much appreciated readers. -Management-

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101 = The Premier Gangsta Opus of Generation Y




I'm about two years late with this post, but sometimes it takes a minute for an album's effect to really set in. Awhile back, I think it was right after Jeezy dropped The Inspiration and I was debating music with my dude and I told him that Jeezy was putting out the best gangsta rap of our generation and he vehemently disagreed proffering no substantial substitute. After awhile, I think he said the Clipse who are dope but can you really say dudes rapping about full length chinchillas, english muffins and duvets are gangsta rap? Let's keep it 100, most cats don't even know what a duvet is.

DUVETS = NOT GANGSTA

You can say what you want about Jeezy (he's killin' hip hop, he looks like a turtle, he and jadakiss are twins) but the dude makes hot shit; POINT BLANK. Do I think Jeezy is the savior of hip-hop? Hell no. Are his lyrics the best ever? Not even close. But when it comes down to that straight ignorant, drink something/smoke something, bass wangin in your whip shit, HE'S THE BEST HANDS DOWN.

Case and point,Thug Motivation. When that shit dropped, summer of whatever year that was I think 05', I can't think of one n***a I knew that wasn't letting that shit yank from the whip AND LETTING IT RIDE FROM THE START TO FINISH--except that one slow track about banging out chickens, at least not while ridin--that's a neighborhood no no.

Thug Motivation was gettin burn in whips, on the radio, in the strip club, in the sewer. It was FUCKING everywhere!!! From LA to NYC, cats felt that album. Even Beans cosigned the shit. It was the biggest movement I had seen since 50 and the Get Rich album. Dude made gangsta rap sound epic ("Standing Ovation"); drums, horns and my homey put it best...Just saying the adlibs made you feel as gangsta as spitting the lyrics. I could go through the whole album in a review like manner but 1)I don't feel like it 2) I'm lazy and 3)no one would read that shit anyway. The bottom line: Thug Motivation 101 is the best gangsta rap album of Generation Y till someone puts some harder shit together.

Disclaimer: ALL YOU SO CALLED HIP HOP HEADS THAT PLAN ON FRONTING ON THIS POST. STOP FAKING LIKE Y'ALL DON'T HAVE AT LEAST ONE ALBUM THAT YOU PUT DECK IN THE WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO RIDE/GO TO THE CLUB ETC WHATEVER. Y'ALL KNOW THAT TALIB SHIT DON'T ROCK WHEN IT'S TIME TO GET MESSED UP

No comments: